Hop on our Johannesburg Red Tour at our main departure point in Rosebank and explore the leafy suburbs of Joburg, stopping at all the top attractions along the way, including Melrose Arch and Mandela Foundation before reaching Constitution Hill. From here the Red Tour continues via the inner city to the Mining District, Apartheid Museum and Gold Reef City Theme Park. The next stops are at Newtown, The Playground, Johannesburg Zoo and the Military Museum before heading back to Rosebank. You’ll soon see why Joburg is not only considered Africa’s economic playground but also one of the most wooded cities in the world.
Included is a small group Soweto tour which connects at the Gold Reef City Stop. Hear about 2 of the 20th century’s most famous liberation heroes in the city where they started their legal and political careers. Follow in the footsteps of Mahatma Gandhi and his Passive Resistance (Satyagraha) Movement, and Nelson Mandela with his Defiance Campaign.
* City Sightseeing Tour office , @ The Zone shopping center, Oxford Road, Rosebank (in the pedestrian mall, near KFC and next to Hamley's Toys)
* Complimentary hotel shuttle from selected Sandton hotels (See timetable)
* You can arrive on the "Gautrain" high speed rail link. Use North Exit at Rosebank station and head to the Tour office
* Parking available for your car at "The Zone" shopping center - entrance off Oxford Road
(Please arrive 15 min before bus departure)
Hop On Hop Off ticket valid for 2 consecutive days from when first presented
Soweto tour valid for 1 day Hop On Hop Off
Hop On Hop Off at any of the stops along the circular route and simply show the same ticket to board the next bus
Switch to the live-guided Soweto tour at Stop 8 (Gold Reef City Casino Hotel). After the 2h tour, you re-join the Hop on Hop Off bus at the same stop to continue your tour and return to Stop 1
Cancellation fee of R20, per ticket cancelled, will be charged.
* Unlimited access to the Red Tour for 2 consecutive days
* 2h Tour of Soweto (Live guided by a local Soweto resident)
* Entrance fee into various attractions
Check available dates and pre-book for entry into Gold Reef City
Apartheid Museum closed on Monday's and Tuesday's
Tour office can be found at:
The Zone shopping center, Oxford Road, Rosebank (in the pedestrian mall, near KFC and next to Hamley's Toys)
Inside the lobby of the Gold Reef Casino Hotel (change point for the Soweto Tour)