The seasons are changing, the weather is improving, the sun is setting later, and even better is that the City Sightseeing Sunset Tour is back.
Starting from 10th October we will be offering our Sunset Tour every Saturday. Perfect for date night or sundowners with the family or friends, join our evening tour to watch the best sunset in Cape Town.
Departing from Stop 1 at the V&A Waterfront, across from Two Oceans Aquarium, the bus travels along the Atlantic Seaboard, also known as Cape Towns “Riviera”.
Meandering along the coastline on Beach Road, passed Mouille Point and the Sea Point promenade, the bus continues towards the upmarket properties in Bantry Bay, then on to the famous beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay. The entire time you can indulge in the views of the ocean on your right and the mountains on your left. With our double-decker, open-top design, remember to bring a light jumper as the Spring evenings can still be a bit chilly.
After passing Clifton, and the sandy beaches of Camps Bay, the bus makes a turn up to Camps Bay Drive. On this elevated road, the views are majestic of the Twelve Apostles Mountain Range. With the changing of light, also known as the Golden Hour, the mountains become awash in an orange glow.
Twelve Apostles Mountain Range
The Sundowner Spot
As the sun starts dipping into the ocean we head up to Signal Hill in time for sunset. Pack a picnic basket and blanket, snack on your favourite nibbles, sip some great South African wine and watch the day turn into night.
Sit on the lawns of this majestic hill which offers fantastic views of the sun setting into the Atlantic Ocean. Signal Hill is an iconic spot known for its magnificent sunsets. With a 360 degree view of the city, you can see Table Mountain in the background, the Twelve Apostles mountain range to your left, the city to your right, and the Atlantic Ocean and Robben Island in the foreground. As the sun dips into the sea and the city twinkles in the distance, the views are outstanding and it’s a really magic sunset location.
Sunset with City Sightseeing
After sunset, the bus takes a route down Kloof Nek road, where the city lights sparkle as the night comes to life, returning you to the Waterfront approximately 3 hours later.
Here are the details and specifics to secure your spot on our Sunset Tour:
● Operating every Saturday, starting 10 October 2020.
● In addition, we will be running the Sunset Tour during the school holidays for the week between 24 – 31 October 2020.
● Departure at 17:30 from stop 1 at the V&A Waterfront. Be sure to check our time table schedule for the exact departure time.
● The tour is approximately 3 hours, depending on sunset and time spent on Signal Hill. You will therefore return to the Waterfront at roughly 20:30.
● The cost for the Sunset Tour is R160 for an adult ticket (or R140 when booked online) or R70 per child (4 – 17 years old).
● Bookings are recommended due to capacity. You don’t want to miss out. Be sure to prebook your tickets online. Alternatively, you can buy tickets at Stop 1 at the Waterfront.
● Please note that this is not a hop-on, hop-off tour, other than the picnic stop at Signal Hill.
We can’t wait to welcome you onboard again to enjoy our city’s magical sunset.