At City Sightseeing, we are all about specials and promos to make our experiences on our buses and boats more affordable. Every week we launch new specials on our website and social media. Be sure to keep an eye out for the amazing budget savers on offer.
With Spring in the air, and the weather getting warmer, why not join us onboard our famous Red Open Top Double-decker bus or red boat with these amazing specials.
We are so excited to announce that this amazing Family Special is back once again. By purchasing One Adult Ticket at R245 you then receive two kids tickets for free or Two Adult Tickets at R490. That’s a saving of R200.
Our amazing special allows you to spend quality time exploring the Mother City with your family onboard a City Sightseeing adventure that doesn’t break the bank. Our famous Red Open Top double-decker bus offers over 30 stops across 3 different routes and allows you the opportunity to hop off the bus and explore the Cape Town landmarks and attractions that appeal to your family most. Join us on our Red Route, Blue Route, or the Purple Constantia Winelands experience. Included on any of our routes is a Walking Tour where you can choose from the Historic Inner City walk or the Bo Kaap experience.
*3 for 1 Special ends 9 October 2021.
Fun in the sun
Did you know that as a student, carrying a valid Student Card, you can experience three different special offers with City Sightseeing?
Students Day Out
● The Red Boat departs from 09h00 from the dock behind the One and Only hotel and takes you on a leisurely trip along the canal that links the Waterfront and the CBD. This is a hop-on, hop-off tour, meaning you can enjoy the full day on the canals. Spend time at Battery Park or learn how to SUP along the peaceful canals. The experience includes breakfast at Canal Cafe / Harbour Bridge Hotel (served until 12h00), Shift Espresso Bar / Waterway House (served until 12h00) or Cape Malay House / V&A Food Market (served from 10h00).
● Needing a day out with your friends, and some time away from the books, then this special is definitely for you. Join us on board for a full day out exploring the city or the Peninsula, stop off for a cocktail and some time on the beach in Camps Bay (Stop 8) or head to Hout Bay (Stop 24) for some fish and chips on the rocks at the marina. These two stops are perfect Insta worthy selfie spots. NOTE: This ticket can only be bought at our offices (Stop 1 at the Waterfront or Stop 5 in the city) and you need to show your valid South African student card to redeem this price.
● Which student doesn’t enjoy a delicious burger? Take our Red Route or our Blue Route, and hop off at Stop 8 in Camps Bay. Visit the world-famous Hard Rock Cafe and get to know the legends of rock as you enjoy a delicious Classic burger and chips. They also have a wicked cocktail menu.
At City Sightseeing, we love to look after our old folk by offering them fantastic specials on both our famous Red Open Top Double Decker bus as well as our Harbour and Canal cruises. All you need to do is bring along your South African ID and join us for some special time out exploring our beautiful city. We have six amazing specials for our pensioners:
● This includes a full day ticket on our double-decker bus where you can hop on and off as many times as you would like. Or simply sit onboard and enjoy the majestic scenery of the Mother City. (This special is only available when purchased at our ticket office)
● Spend some time on the water with us and enjoy a 50% discount on the Canal or Harbour Cruise. The Harbour cruise takes you through the Waterfront basin where you will gain fantastic commentary on the history of this marina. Alternatively, the canal cruise gives you an insight into the amazing luxury properties around the Waterfront showcasing views that you will not experience from the road. (This special is only available when purchased at our ticket office)
● If you are wanting to enjoy a delicious breakfast, join us for this fantastic special. Hop on the Red Boat from the dock behind the One and Only hotel (from 09h00 onwards) and take a leisurely trip along the canal that links the Waterfront and the CBD. The experience includes breakfast at Canal Cafe / Harbour Bridge Hotel (served until 12h00), Shift Espresso Bar / Waterway House (served until 12h00) or Cape Malay House / V&A Food Market (served from 10h00). To help you choose the restaurant follow the menu link here.
● For the ladies (and gents) who enjoy the beauty of the gardens during flower season, and a spot of tea and a tour, join us on Tuesdays for this amazing special. This includes a full day hop-on-hop-off ticket, free entrance into Kirstenbosch Gardens as well as a Muffin/Scone plus Tea/Coffee at Moyo Restaurant.
A walk in the gardens
Pensioners Lunch Specials
Here we have two delicious lunch specials to consider:
● Hout Bay Fish n Chips: R189 includes a full day ticket on board our open-top bus which meanders around the Peninsula. Hop off in Hout Bay (Stop 24) and enjoy fresh fish and chips at Muriel's Restaurant.
● Burger Special: R185 for those who love their rock and roll, join us on board, hop off at the world-famous Hard Rock Cafe in Camps Bay (Stop 8) and get to know the legends of rock as you enjoy a delicious Classic burger and chips.
City Sightseeing has so many specials to offer both young and old. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard for a day out on the bus or the boat.